Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

From Page 93 of  The Queen of Katwe, by Tim Crothers.

"I learned that chess is a lot like my life," Phiona says. "If you make smart moves you can stay away from danger, but you know any bad decision could be your last. When I first started playing, I lost so many games before the boys convinced me to act more like a girl and play with calm and patience."

2 comments:

  1. I don't often read nonfiction, but this sounds like an interesting and entertaining story.
    My Tuesday post features The Chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote. It's nice to see a reference to "act more like a girl" that is followed by positive attributes.

    I will have to look for this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete