Monday, July 8, 2013

Travel Playlist

My daughter and I are driving to my father's, to care for him after he has knee-replacement surgery. It is roughly a 13-hour trip each way, and so we have loaded up on things to listen to on the way. I am staying for nearly a month, so I am including what I am packing with me, too:

Audiobooks:
The President's Vampire, by Christopher Farnsworth
Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins
Inferno, by Dan Brown
On the road, we may listen to a few chapters each from World War Z, or Faith of the Fallen.

Music: Including, but not limited to Al Stewart, Bruce Cockburn, John Elefante, the Letter Black, To Kill a Monster, and 77s.

Podcasts:
All 11 episodes of Death & the Acrid Smell of Gunsmoke: A Jonah Hex Podcast. These are re-listens for me, but first-timers for my daughter.
About a dozen of so catch-up episodes (each) of X-Files Truth, Strangers & Aliens, and The LanternCast. These are all shows that I discovered after they had been going on for a while, so am pretty far behind. But this is a chance to do some catching up!

Comic books:
Some reading for my yet-to-be-revealaed upcoming podcast!
The 10-issue series Baker Street, for a future "Adapting Holmes" entry.
Some classic Dr. Doom vs. Iron Man stories.
The awesome hardcover collection, Superman: From the Thirties to the Seventies

On the Nook:
Elizabeth the First Wife, by Lian Dolan 

Dead-tree books:
The She-Hulk Diaries, by Marta Acosta (DON'T JUDGE ME!)
Billion-Dollar Batman, by Bruce Scivally
The Pope Who Quit, by Jon M Sweeney
The Black Prism, by Brent Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment