Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Book #3


Cat of the Century, by Rita Mae & Sneakie Pie Brown. Unabridged audio.

I'll be honest, it was the cats that drew me to this series more than anything else. Sure I like mysteries on occassion, but I am not addicted to them like many mystery fans are -- my Mom, for example, probably read 200 mysteries a year, and very little else. I am not like that. I need a hook.

And the hook for me was the cats, and now that I am firmly entrenched in the series (I have not read the first 4, as I have been able to find them on audio), I'll keep reading them.

This one was fine, the mystery had a financial aspect to it that Brown had a good handle on. But the story was bifurcated, taking place in 2 locations, and many of the regular characters were little more than cameos. If that. So it wasn't the strongest of the series, but it generally delivered what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment