Sunday, December 29, 2013

Book #65. Lost Tribe of the Sith

Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories, by John Jackson Miller. Nook.

It has been a while since I've read much in the Star Wars Extended Universe. I am old enough that there was a point in time where I had read nearly all of the novels,  and had the realistic goal of "catching up" with the novels in the EU. But I slowed down a bit, and the EU started cranking out fiction at an alarming rate. When it became obvious that I would never be current with the novels, I just gave up for a while. Like a decade.

But I saw that these these stories were available in the Nook store, and I took a chance with the first one. Obviously, I enjoyed each one enough to keep downloading and reading the next one.

The stories in this collection are titled individually: Precipice, Skyborn, Paragon, Savior, Purgatory, Sentinel, Pantheon, & Secrets. These start 5,000 before the events of A New Hope, or BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin), to use terminology from the EU. This is the age of the Old Galactic Republic, and they tell the backstory of the "Lost Tribe," which resurfaces a few decades BBY, as part of the Fate of the Jedi novel series. These books are told from the perspective of the Sith, and their part in the war against the Republic.

I am glad I jumped back into the EU with these. Even though they occurred so far before the "main action" of Star Wars, they tell interesting stories of people on the "other side" of the battle. If you like books told from the "other" perspective, I would recommend them. And if you are a fan of prequels (prequels in general, I mean, not movie Episodes 1-3), I would also recommend them. Good stories, and better world-building.

Source: Nook store.


No comments:

Post a Comment