Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can
play along!
Just do the following:
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

From chapter 2 of The Third Kingdom, by Terry Goodkind: "He couldn't understand why they didn't simply stab him to death. They were both carrying knives and they had his sword. Still, the partially successful attempts left gaping horrifically painful wounds that gushed blood."

5 comments:

  1. Gushed blood? What a teaser. Are you enjoying this one? I haven't read any Terry Goodkind before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, if I were being stabbed and had gaping wounds that gushed blood, I wouldn't be questioning my attacker's motives! But maybe it would make more sense if I knew the character better. Your Teaser definitely intrigued me.
    My Teaser is from SMOKE, WINGS & STONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an author I keep meaning to read.

    Sonia Lal

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like my kind of book. Nice teaser. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Alan.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely intrigued by your teaser...why is he getting stabbed in the first place? Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete