Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
Just do the following:

Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

From chapter 3 of The Pirate King, a "Mary Russell" novel by Laurie R. King: "That at any rate was how Lestrade remembered it. However, knowing the House of Lords and its fondness for meddling in the affairs of those who actually work for a living, I thought it equally possible that Lestrade had been handed the plan ready-made."

5 comments:

  1. I like the cover. Interesting teaser, too.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOof, the House of Lords definitely likes to meddle! I really like the title of your book though, very imaginative! Thanks for sharing :)
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/teaser-tuesday-life-knocks.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really gotten into The Mary Russel stuff, but I do like Sherlock and can only imagine that, as I believe, behind every great man there is a woman... she must have played a significant role in Sherlock's stuff. Thanks for a great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny teaser and too true. I guess things never change. Seems like so many of our governmental representatives are intent on "meddling in the affairs of those who actually work for a living..."
    My Teaser is from LEAVING SERENITY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard of this book before but i love Sherlock Holmes so i'm teased.

    Thanks for sharing and visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete