Thursday, March 17, 2011

Book #18


Cover Run, by Adam Hughes. Hardcover.

Creative people fascinate me, and creative people talking about their creativity fascinate me.

In this oversized volume, artist Adam Hughes talks about the various comic book covers that he has produced for DC Comics. He is known mostly for works featuring female characters, most notably long runs on Wonder Woman and Catwoman. Many of his covers from these runs are featured and discussed.

The process of modern comics art intrigues me -- I did not know how much computer work was involved, for example. Artists are not always strong at describing their work and thier process, but Hughes does a pretty good job of this. And even as a layman, his discussions of color theory and other art concepts were readily understandable to me, and he has a pretty good sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment