Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

From Chapter 1 of Hickory Dickory Dock, by Agatha Christie.

"Did he want to embroil himself in the troubles of Miss Lemon's sister and the passions and grievances of a polyglot hostel? He did not want to admit to himself that he had been rather bored of late and that the very triviality of the business attracted him.”

4 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten what "polyglot" meant and had to look it up. Thanks for the vocabulary stretcher! I haven't read this Agatha Christie mystery.
    My Teaser Tuesday excerpt is from HEARTS IN RUIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I really like Agatha Christie mysteries. I read Hickory Dickory Dock a long time ago, and seeing this kind of makes me want to re-read =)
    My TT
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant book!
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/teaser-tuesday-july-15/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved Agatha Christie - might be time to reread some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete