Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
Just do the following:
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Prepating for the movie, this is from Chapter 1 (An Unexpected Party) of The Hobbit, by  J. R. R.  Tolkien: "By some curious chance one morning long ago in the quiet of the world, when there was less noise and more green, and the hobbits were still numerous and prosperous, and Bilbo Baggins was standing at the door after breakfast smoking an enormous long wooden pipe that reached nearly down to his woolly toes (neatly brushed) Gandalf came by. Gandalf!"

5 comments:

  1. I have not read this book yet! My sons finally got me to read LOTR series after watching the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one yet, but it sounds awesome :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/12/teaser-tuesdays_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gandalf! :D I've not read this one, or the original books. I need to get to them one day. Do hope you enjoy this one and the movie when you get to seeing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been six years since I have read this one, but I very much enjoyed it. The voice of the book is very different than what I am used to reading though. Who wouldn't be excited to see Gandolf? Here is my TT. New Follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read this in high school...long time ago. THANKS for the teaser/reminder.

    My teaser is from LIVE BY NIGHT by Dennis Lehane.

    My Teaser is below. Have a great Tuesday.

    Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My TT

    ReplyDelete