Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Books

Books I gave (and got) for Christmas:

To my wife:
Monet's Impressions, a pairing of 16 of the artist's works with words taken from his letters. Produced by the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

To my daughter:
A Year of Biblical Womanhood, by Rachel Held Evans.
East, by Edith Pattou. She loved the audio version of this book when she was 10-12 years old, and could not resist picking up this paperback when I saw it.
Doctor Who: Hunter's Moon, by Paul Finch.
Minor Acts of Heroism, Issue 4, by Adriana Ferguson and Kristen Van Dam. A terrific web-comic. We buy the print issues.
Legion of Super-Heroes, Issue 100, January 1998.


To my great-niece:
The Tale of Peter Rabbit, and The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies, both by Beatrix Potter.
Superman: The Incredible Shrinking Super Hero, by Zachary Rau & Steven E. Gordon.
  
And what I got:
The Areas of My Expertise, by John Hodgman.

No comments:

Post a Comment