Sunday, February 27, 2011

Books in Progress

I am one of those people who always has more than one book going at the same time. Some of this is because I like to read certain types of books in different places, there are different formats of books I have going at the same time. At a minimum, I always have a fiction and a non-fiction going, and also an audio and a paper going. Since Christmas, I guess I always have a Nook-book going, too. But right now, according to Goodreads, I have 7 books in progress. I feel the need to explain why, so here they are, in alphabetical order (by author):

a) Port Mortuary, by Patricia Cornwell. This is the audiobook that I just started yesterday. I will have it done by next wekeend, probably. Despite all of the podcasts I listen to, I can usually knock out an average-length audiobook in about 7-10 days.

b) Encyclopedia of Comic Book Heroes, vol. 1: Batman, by Michael Fleisher. This was my "quick read," book, the one that I can dip into for 15 minutes whenever I get the chance, usually in bed or if I take a jacuzzi.

c) Saints for Sinners, by Alban Goodier. This is a book that I own, but library books take precendence, especially as their due dates approach. I bought it last year at a festival, and have just barely started it, and will get back to it. Eventually.

d) Soul of the Fire, by Terry Goodkind. I knocked out the Sword of Truth series a few years ago, but re-started it again with my daughter when the TV show came out. We listen to this one together, and got about a thrid of the way through it over her Christmas break. We will listen to some more over spring break, and knock it out in early summer.

e) Stronghold, by Melanie Rawn. Another one that I own, so it fell to the bottom of the list. I was reading it late last Summer when my health headed south, severly cutting into my ability to concentrate, and epic fantasies require concentration. Even though I am generally on a health upswing now, and not to over-psychoanalyze my own behavior, I am probably waiting until I am closer to 100% to pick this one up again.

f) Callahan's Crosstime Saloon, by Spider Robinson. This short story collection is my current "quick read" book, as it needs to be returned to the library in a few weeks.

g) The Story of a Soul, by St. Therese of Lisieux. When we got the Nook for Christmas, I loaded it up with a bunch of free public domain books, and this one was the first I started reading. I am still getting used to the device, figuring out when and where that format works best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment