Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:
Grab your current read.
Open to a random page.
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

From Chapter 1 of Elizabeth the First Wife, by Lian Dolan: "Now he was close enough to touch, and I was tempted, because his T-shirt, stretched poetically across his chest, appeared to be made of the softest cotton ever spun. I needed to physically stop myself from petting him."

Now I admit that I am not the target demographic for this adult ladies contemporary novel. But I am a big fan of Lian, her podcasting, and I really enjoyed her first novel.

1 comment:

  1. The title alone is intriguing! Great teaser, too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete