Saturday, December 31, 2011

Book #84

His Passion: Christ's Journey to the Resurrection, Integrity Publishers. Hardcover.

This was a Christmas present from past year, and was my devotional book for 2011. The one-page daily readings come from authors such as Beth Moore, Ravi Zacharias, Andrew Murray, and a range of ancient writers, including Augustine, Cyprian, and Chrysostom.

The theme of all the devotions is the last week of Christ's life. This is a fine choice, as it is important to keep this aspect at the forefront of our contemplation. But it is also awkward from a church-year persepective, as I was reading about the Passion during Pentecost, Advent, and other times of the year. But once I got used to the theme of the devotional, this became less disconcerting.

I will put this one on the shelf for 2012, but I imagine I will pick it up again in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment